Welcome to Leader's Edge
I started the business in 1997 and have developed a proven reputation for simply effective leadership and people development that creates real and valued change for people and their organisations.
I have a strong reputation to quickly cut to the chase, building trust easily while combining my deep knowledge of current leadership and neuroscience with the ability to hone in on the factors that are unique and relevant for each situation.
When my strategic thinking capability is melded with my engaging facilitation style the result is deeply meaningful insights for individuals and development that is valued by the organisation.
I have an energetic love of life, build trust and rapport easily, and I bring that attitude to my work.
My career track and commercial experience
Qualifications and accreditations
- Emotional Culture Deck Certified Facilitator - (in training) - a facilitation methodology to help leaders consciously collaborate across an organisation to design and create the desired culture.
- Conversational Intelligence(R) Enhanced Skill Practitioner - advanced coaching, conversational and leadership skills based on neuroscience and research of Judith R Glaser.
- Narrative Coach Enhanced Skills Practitioner - advanced coach skills using a narrative approach to change and transformation for individuals, developed by Dr David B Drake.
- mBIT Coach Certification Trainer – I am a Coach Trainer in the evolving science of multiple brain integration techniques - a new approach to generative leadership being applied through coaching and specifically tailored development programmes
- NLP Practitioner – Neuro Linguistic Programming Certified Practitioner through Metamorphosis.co.nz
Accredited practitioner/certified in the following -
Outside of business
For fun and leisure I can be found cycling either locally and at various cycle trails around New Zealand, developing my large garden, or perhaps indulging my creative energies in painting or drawing. I love music, yoga and the theatre, as well as entertaining friends and family. I endeavour to live a sustainable lifestyle by being intentional about use of resources.
My tribal affiliation is Ngati Porou ki Hauraki. My pakeha heritage is Scottish, Irish and English.
Leadership is personal
Leadership is coaching
It's the Manager - Jim Clifton & Jim Harter
Leadership is listening
Oscar Trimboli - author, via LinkedIn