Our guiding statements
Our vision is: People in New Zealand organisations consciously leading with creativity, compassion and courage.
We specialise in helping people in organisations develop and strengthen emotional intelligence skills, the foundation of success in leadership and life.
Are we aligned with your values and beliefs?
A good fit between an organisation and a consultant pivots on shared values and beliefs. To help you understand our approach, our most strongly held beliefs about leader development are:
- Leadership is personal and about people. No amount of intellect or courage, knowledge or motivation can make up for a lack of emotional intelligence.
- Always start with personal leadership. Personal leadership builds a strong foundation for the higher level skills such as strategic thinking, meeting leadership, negotiation, and business acumen.
- Developing personal leadership takes time and support. Development requires intentional practice and accurate feedback over time, is simple and focused on one or two aspects over a six-to-twelve month period. To be effective, keep it simple, keep it supported. Which leads me to ...
- Leadership development is a shared journey. We strongly recommend that line managers of people we work with be involved and engaged in their development. We work with organisations to help them build a strong infrastructure around the course participants.
- Leaders develop leaders. The real-life stories and experiences of leaders in organisations are one of the simplest ways of transferring learning in organisations. We encourage the integration of organisational leaders by way of opening and closing ceremonies, workshop facilitation, keynote addresses and mentoring.
- Link development to strategy. Organisational development is the bridge between organisational strategy and results. Ensure your dollars are well spent with clear line of sight between leadership development initiatives and what the organisation intends to achieve. This also means it is simpler to evaluate impact and effectiveness.
Contact me, Gail Reichert now for an obligation-free chat about your needs and challenges. I'm always happy to have an introductory coffee or meeting to explore how we might work together.
Mobile: 027 222 7318